Version 7 or greater Drastic software supports writing a proxy file at the same time as it writes the main file when transcoding files, capturing from IP compressed sources (NDI, RTP, UDP, RTSP, TR-01, TR-03), capturing from uncompressed IP streams (SMPTE 2022, 2110), and from SDI (12G/6G/3G/1.5G), or HDMI. The proxy creation is available on a per channel basis, and is automatic once set up. The proxy can also use the Net-X-Player HTML5 player to play back the file while it is still recording, allowing for time code accurate clipping of the proxy or main file.
Net-X-Code Server supports configuring the proxy setting from its web UI. For software that does not have a web UI, changing the config.xml (DDR Config), where we store all our settings, will enable/disable and configure the proxy settings. The primary settings are from the first channel, under DDR Config/VVW/Internal0.
The settings include:
- proxymode enable proxy generation by setting this to 1. Setting this to 0 disables proxy generation
- proxycompressiontype video compression for the proxy, normally h.264, 0x61766331
- proxydatarate the data rate of the proxy in kilobits per second (mbs / 1000)
- proxydirectory the directory to write the proxy to
- proxyfiletype the file type to write
- MP4 = 197
- DASH = 211
- HLS = 210
- proxyscale a factor to scale the proxy by 1=1/1, 2=1/2, 3=1/3